Sokaogon Chippewa Community News
Sokaogon Healthy Families Program
Posted on: April 4, 2019
Are you pregnant or know someone who is?
Calling all new moms and dads who are Tribal Affiliated in our community or surrounding area – if you’re feeling alone or stressed out, come and see us at Sokaogon Healthy Families.
We are a voluntary program with incentives based on your commitment, and we seek to assist moms and dads during the prenatal stage and within the first five years of your child’s life.
During the prenatal stage, we help with:
- How to protect your unborn baby
- Growth and Development during the three trimesters
- Dad’s important roles
- What to expect in each month during your pregnancy
During the first five years of your child’s life, we help with:
- Child development
- Recognizing family strengths
- Support and guidance for challenges you are facing
- Screening and assessments for any outside referrals
- Assist in developing your own personal support system
Our goal is to support parents in developing positive attachment relationships with their infants and toddlers along with enhancing family self-sufficiency.
Want to learn more? Contact Angela or Carla S. at 715-478-7600.